Coordinator, Government Relations
AFPM is a premier trade association headquartered in Washington D.C. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our fast-paced government relations and regulatory team.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Government Relations
• Provide administrative support to the government relations team
• Draft routine correspondence including email communications to AFPM members and Capitol Hill
• Oversee document management, including keeping fact sheets and other AFPM advocacy materials up-to-date
• Conduct research on legislative, regulatory, and policy issues
• Assist with administering the AFPM PAC
• Working with outside consultants on various matters from time to time
• Attend and report on selected congressional hearings
• Draft, proofread, and edit high-quality advocacy materials such as letters, memos, alerts, news releases, fact sheets, and reports for use within AFPM as well as outside entities
• Research and writing articles for e-newsletters, department web pages, and other publications
• Coordinate deployment of AFPM originated e-blasts to members on legislative alerts and policy updates
• Draft timely and user-friendly content for social media and other multimedia platforms
• Attend and report on meetings of various coalitions, other associations, government agencies on behalf of AFPM
• B.A. in political science, public policy, communications, or related field
• 1-3 years of experience
• Demonstrated interest in energy policy
• Must be a self-starter with exceptional editing, writing, and messaging skills. Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
• Must have a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and ability to work with staff in a cordial and tactful manner.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks, and to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and to work as part of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Competitive compensation which includes a comprehensive employee benefits package.