Opportunity to join Washington’s premier consultancy specializing in both Global Corporate Social Responsibility & Public Policy
Program Coordinator and Analyst
DC-based consultancy focused on global public policy and corporate social responsibility, is seeking an entry-mid level policy professional to produce quick turn- around written analyses for clients and nonprofit projects, and provide management and administrative support. This position involves very substantial responsibilities, including direct communications with clients and other important stakeholders.
Our organization does cutting edge work for some of the world’s leading companies and engages in significant nonprofit activities. This makes absolute professionalism and strong judgment absolutely essential.
Core responsibilities will focus on client and nonprofit services; management of critical operations, events and programs; management and administrative support of team and operational needs (every member of our team is assigned specified responsibilities for the shared needs of our organization as a whole).
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on the ability to take on significant responsibility, engage with very senior clients and other key external stakeholders. We are a small firm and each member is expected to be a team player.
• Education: Completed Bachelor’s degree and master’s degree required (preferably in international relations or related field);
• Writing and Research Experience: 2-5 years of research and writing experience in a related field of foreign policy, trade, development and/or international human rights;
• Strong interest in the firm’s work: global CSR (including human rights), and public policy;
• Event Planning Experience: Experience planning and coordinating events and in a professional environment;
• Multiple Task Management: Proven ability to handle confidential information
with discretion; juggle multiple competing demands simultaneously; and demonstrate the highest level of client and project service and responsiveness;
• Political/professional experience: Preferred 1-2 years of experience working with the U.S. government (congressional support, policy analysis or related experience) and/or in an equivalent professional office setting;
• Administrative: the team-player approach includes strong administrative and operational experience;
• Application of Strong Interpersonal Skills: Highly resourceful team player, yet capable of assuming significant autonomy and operating independently.
• Superb organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment – with professionalism, calm and maturity;
• Demonstrated experience providing creative approaches to problem solving, ability to perform strong and timely research and analysis;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and social media;
• Self-starter with the ability to take direction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Anticipate and implement plans to avoid potential problems that could impact client and other projects for our organization;
• Assists in ensuring outreach and meetings are planned and smoothly orchestrated;
• Perform administrative and management tasks related to clients, nonprofit projects and internal shared needs of the team, including but not limited to preparation of agendas, note-taking, supporting research and policy analysis, preparing paperwork and other requisite aspects for meetings, ensuring communication is done in a timely manner, including follow-up messages and alerts and updates, and so forth.
• Provide quick turn-around written analysis to Associates and other senior team members and to external stakeholders;
• Assists in the management of special projects related to the client, including but not limited to Hill outreach, local and international events, and communication with senior managers and global firms and offices;
• Provide support and take significant responsibility for organizing lunch briefings, roundtables and other events;
• Provide briefing materials in a clear, concise and timely fashion;
• Actively participate in professional development activities; continuous learning is an essential expectation of all team members.